Although the expanse of health care reform may have been trimmed back, Medicaid expansion is still a centerpiece and likely to be included in any final legislation.¬† Medicaid Managed Care organization’s will have a tremendous financial, logistic, and staffing issues to resolve when the wave of Medicaid enrollments start.¬† With government, market, and public relations pressuring MCO margins, companies need to start today preparing their most valuable resource – their professional talent.
Here are specific steps Medicaid MCOs need to do now:
- Listen to our recent webinar about this topic at your next management meeting.¬† You can access a recording on our website by clicking here.
- Identify the key positions in your care management department that will shelter you from this storm.
- Assess your Talent Equity against benchmarks.
- Contrast your readiness against company goals and objectives for 2010.
- Fill or upgrade the positions where you have gaps.
These steps will allow MCOs to place their human capital into the right roles for the right reasons.¬† Companies will see increased productivity, avoid burn-out, and surge ahead of their competition.
Let us know if we can help facilitate these steps in the process.
Heres a link to the article from Healthcare Finance News